Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday: colonoscopy

Well, I'm sure everyone will be relieved to know that I have no colon problems. The doctor declared me healthy and told me (well, told Ben actually) to come back in 5 yrs.

Overall, it wasn't really a terrible experience. The two worst things were having to drink a lot of water with medicine in it over a short time and peeling a sticker off of myself from one of the vital sign measurers.

I'm pretty sure that Ben found me rather funny afterwards though. I was holding the pop after stopping by McDonalds he had to keep talking to me telling me to stay awake. My response was that I was awake...I had to hold the pop after all. However, I only remember about half of the trip. Then we got home and it was all I could do to make it to the futon and fall down on it. I also asked if the doctor gave Ben a picture of my colon. I still think that it would be cool...I mean, pregnant women come home with baby pictures and people with broken bones come home with bone pictures, why can't I have a colon picture?

That's all the funny stuff I guess. I proceeded to take a long nap and was more normal when I woke up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent news. I assume by "more normal" you mean more like yourself? I'd hate it if you suddenly didn't make random statements or think that google was making a robot :P

--Dusty

Anonymous said...

what was the first thing you had to eat afterwards?

Dad

Amanda said...

McDonalds...it was on the way home. Although I also kind of wanted a bagel. I wasn't as hungry as I thought I would be, actually.