Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday: gutter 0, Amanda 1

The day started off by sending an e-mail to five people. Two seconds later I received five out-of-office replies. This is the first time I think I've ever gotten five, and definetly the only time everyone on the list has responded as such.

Tonight Ben mowed the lawn and I weeded, then planted my sunflower. Since Ben was still mowing I decided to tackle the gutter. You see, every time it rains the water overflows the gutter. A lot. The mulch has long since disappeared from under the gutter where the water falls out. So I took it all apart and found that there was a lot of stuff stuck at the downspout hole. So I poke at it with the screwdriver. WWoooosssshhhh...the water starts coming out. And keeps coming out. And keeps coming out. It turns out the gutters can hold a lot of water.

Here I am with the gutter. It's hard to tell but I'm soaked and a bit dirty. But smiling!! And Ben did a cool shot with the sunset.

1 comment:

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

Well, you showed that gutter who the boss was! Excellent job-- and it made me smile. :-)