Friday, July 31, 2026

Thursday: fire hydrant gaslighting

Yesterday I noticed a fire hydrant in our neighbor's yard was white.  "Hmm," I thought, "It used to be yellow, right?"

Today I had a bunch of errands to do by Lowes, which is just slightly east of us.  All the fire hydrants were now white.  "Hmm," I thought, "they used to be yellow, right?"

Then I brought Joshua to a friend's house and going down the major road near our house, but to the west, I mentioned it to Joshua.  "Look at the fire hydrants.  They're all white.  I remember them being yellow."  Joshua agreed with me.  

Finally, after a turn and going a bit farther down the road they turned back to yellow.  We decided that they used to be yellow and we weren't losing our minds.

Oh!  I just looked it up.  It's probably just a primer and they'll turn yellow again soon.  Just to mess with me a little more.

No comments: