Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday: He hasn't failed me yet

Deep thought #2: God hasn't failed me yet.

Jess and I were talking a few weeks ago when all the job stuff started happening, and one of the things I remember hearing/saying is that God hasn't failed us yet. While this week has been a good week for me, I was looking back at all the other stressful times in life and reflecting on that statement...

1) My freshman roommate and I had differences. God brought a new roommate into my life for the second semester.
2) Mom died. I still don't really have a good reason, but God didn't fail anyone in my family. We have grown and changed but pulled through ok. Personally, He put Amy and Ben in my life to support me.
3) Ben and I needed a job after grad school. God provided a job for both of us.
4) Ben and I needed a place to stay in NY. God provided a place to stay. Just long enough for us and then for our friends to stay, but there was a place.
5) Various house things. We have a house and appliances.
6) Changing phones. This was oddly stressful for me, but in the end the phone numbers switched correctly and we didn't have to pay the extra fee.
7) The announcement that the program was going to have a stop work. I know I prayed that it wasn't true, but by that time I was rather doubtful. But the announcement wasn't true and I still have a project.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What a great thing to reflect on! He sure is good to us in so may ways isn't He?