Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday: work, what else

I've been in kind of a downer mood this week. There are rumors flying everywhere of a stop work for our program, although exactly what that would entail is unknown. I've been getting used to the fact that it might happen and leaning on God and such, but I was about ready to smack the next person that asked me about it today. I can be ok when it's just in the back of my mind, but start getting depressed when people start talking about it. And last time it seemed more sure and it didn't happen!

I also need to remember that a complete stop-work doesn't mean a job-loss, although that is maybe the hardest thing to remember.

And so my Biblical heroes of the day are Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from Daniel 3...
"16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."
My version: My God can keep me employed. But even if I lose my job, I will still serve him.

1 comment:

betsy said...

I love that verse!!! One of my very favorites :)