Saturday, December 31, 2011

Friday: first day of life

Today brought a few challenges, lots of holding, and lots of visitors.

For example, it currently takes two of us to clothe Isaac. And since he liked to sleep, we had to unclothe (and then reclothe) to make him wake up for feedings. There was also a struggle to make him nurse on the right side...he won once, but we won most of the time. Of course, after the time he won he was hungry soon after, so I'm not sirens really won.

But besides that, we just spent a nice day with him and with visitors, getting to know him as he mostly slept. (there were lots of pictures with family and I'm not going to post, along with some cute ones taken on phones that I can't post right now.). Oh, he also had his first pee, which was expected. Unfortunately, I also got peed on. While I'm sure it is the first of many, I was hoping it would be longer.

Here we all are!



Isaac. The hat kept falling off, but his temp was on the cool side so we were trying to keep it on.




Isaac's celebratory dinner...that he didn't get to eat.


Mom and Isaac. We had both managed to get dressed.






2 comments:

betsy said...

Ok, I may be confused, but wasn't Isaac actually born Friday and not Thursday? (I get my days all mixed up during vacation but I thought when I visited you said he was born that morning)

Amanda said...

You're right. I managed to get my days all mixed up to, but I think I edited the posts correctly now.