Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday: hearts

Isaac has been partially potty trained for several months.  In that he'll go if we put him on a toilet and he knows if he has had an accident, but we couldn't get over the hurdle of having him tell us he needed to use the bathroom prior to having an accident.

I'm hoping that finally changed this weekend.  (I know, I might be jinxing myself by typing this up.  After all, it's only been three days of no accidents.)  I started giving him the Valentine's Candy hearts as a treat for sitting on the toilet.  He loves them!  He's even managed to tell us a few times that he needs to go to the bathroom by using his new key word: heart.

Image source - Necco hearts from Wikipedia


So if you're near him and he suddenly starts yelling "Heart!" it doesn't mean that he loves you.

P.S.  I was especially excited today when Isaac's daycare gave us more hearts!  I only had a small box that was going to run out today, but now I have enough for a week...I just need to order them off amazon, since I doubt any place still has them.

No comments: