Saturday, April 13, 2019

Saturday: slide

This afternoon, the boys were working on assorted projects.  Isaac was building a house for the cats and Joshua was building a slide.  At first he put a large piece of cardboard on the stairs and I thought he'd be sliding stuff down it.  Anyway, I quickly put a stop to that because we don't play on the stairs.

So Joshua decided to make the slide upstairs.  I left him to it.  About ten minutes later Joshua was crying (with real tears).  I went upstairs and Joshua was upset because his slide broke when he tried to slide down it.  Keep in mind that it was made with five pillows and a piece of flat cardboard.

Oh, Joshua and I had a good talk because he cried about this for longer than I expected.  We talked about the different aspects of slides and why his didn't work.  We talked about Ms. Frizzle and how it's good to make mistakes.  I told him I was proud of him for trying to make a slide.

In other news: can you find the cats?

No comments: