Monday, February 5, 2024

Monday: in the kitchen

Let's start with Joshua.  Last night was rough and he was having a hard time breathing.  The nebulizer didn't help much, so then he sat in the cold air for a while.  It wasn't really helping so we were about to go to the hospital.  I got everything ready but by then he was starting to feel a little bit better.  So we sat in the car for a bit longer and then moved inside.

Today he wasn't super active, but also not really sick.  Other than whispering the whole day.  So maybe school tomorrow??

I took two naps today.  Joshua started having problems around 4am, I was up for the next two hours, and just dozed the last hour.  It reminded me of when the kids were babies.

There were still a few things I had to do today though, including cook the turkey.  I did it!  However, I did cook it upside-down.  Not really a big deal, other than it was a bit harder to cut.  We had open face turkey sandwiches for dinner, so I also made mashed potatoes.  Everyone likes applesauce, so I made that.  Lastly, I made some healthy oatmeal raisin cookies so that Isaac can have a different option for lunch.

Look how clean it looks too!  The other side isn't as clean, but it isn't as bad as normal after cooking.

I still need to finish dealing with the turkey, but I packed it up and it's in the fridge for the night.  Dealing with it took longer than expected and I had other things to do.

No comments: