Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Tuesday: rain

 It was a beautiful, rainy day today.  The rain was sporadic, but sometimes barely there and sometimes torrential downpour.  They had the garage doors open during rock climbing, so you could see and hear it well.

One of the many good parts of the day was flu shots.  (I heard the flu is coming a bit earlier this cycle, so we got them today.)  We went to the flu shot clinic at our doctor's office and we were probably in and out within ten minutes.  This is so much more amazing than doing it at a pharmacy, where it always feels as though you have to wait forever.  By the time we got there there was no line and it went nice and fast.

I also went out to lunch with Natalie.  I probably would have gotten chicken salad on a bagel, but they were out.  So I got the veggies on a bagel...it was delicious.  I'll probably get it again.

Ben is starting to feel better.  I wore a mask at work though because those poor students have about 100 illnesses going around and they can't catch a break.  I don't need to accidently get them sick.  (And to be clear, I am currently symptom free and feel fine.  It's been about 48 hours since Ben started feeling sick, so I'm hoping to be in the clear.  But I didn't know that when teaching.)


No comments: