Monday, September 30, 2024

Monday: venting, a bit

After feeling someone productive yesterday, mainly because we all worked hard during our extra half hour of cleaning, today felt the opposite.

If I think about what I did accomplish, it was quite a bit!  I even put a new toilet seat on, although admittedly that isn't a very hard task.

In the morning I had finished raking the edge and clearing out all the seaweed that had washed ashore.  I was glad Joshua had helped on Sunday, as it was one of the largest seaweed volumes we've had.  I looked back at the lake in the afternoon only to see a significant amount of seaweed back by the shore.  Six hours from clear to not clear.  Laundry at least gives me a week before it requires more attention.

That's not really true.  I'm still working on last week's laundry.  I try to finish by Saturday, but there was a lot of bedding that needed to be done this past week.  Everything is now clean from last week's wash, but not put away.  And the new cycle starts on Wednesday, so there'll be more to do again.

Am I on top of things?  Yes.  The important things are getting done.  Do I feel in control?  Not quite...but I do expect to eventually be back in control and so I'll hold out until then.

I also found a spider in my refrigerator this morning and I felt like it was taunting me.  "haha.  Things are so dirty in your house that there are even spiders in your fridge!"  I was running behind this morning and so I left it.  I told it, "haha.  Fridges aren't good places for spiders because they're cold."  I did finally save it this afternoon because I was afraid Joshua would see it and it would be an ordeal.  Laura suggested that maybe, since it was an itsy-bitsy spider, it just climbed the wrong water spout.

No comments: