Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Tuesday: busy

Today was busier than most Tuesdays.  I had several students in my office, so I didn't get as much prepped for Thursday as I needed to.  (However, one of the meetings was rather uplifting and we were able to celebrate some small victories.)

During rock climbing Isaac fell off the wall and got the wind knocked out of him, again.  Of course, I was belying Joshua and he was at the top of the wall.  There were people around to help Isaac, but I also got Joshua down quickly (and of course safely) and went over to see Isaac.  By the time I got there he was breathing again so I attempted to back off.  I'm not completely sure it worked, but I also think it mostly worked.  I'm not sure he got back on the wall again, but the coaches were there checking in with him and by the end of the practice he was mostly ok.  He was really tired this evening and went to bed earlier than normal though.  I did want to mention that while falling was Isaac's bad part of the day, rock climbing as a whole was his good part.


No comments: