Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Wednesday: field trip

I joined Joshua on his field trip to Outdoor Discovery Center.  This is the third year he's gone and while they change up the information a little bit it also feels like kind of the same information each time.  That isn't necessarily a bad thing and a break from school is always nice, but it also isn't the most exciting.

It was also cold.  It was quite cold in the morning and pretended to warm up, but never really got warm.  I come dressed in a winter coat, hat, and mittens.  There are some people that only have a light jacket on and I just don't understand.

I had an hour after dropping off the kids before I had to pick them up again, and had been hoping for a nap.  However, my co-teacher had a minor emergency and didn't know how long it would last so instead I ended up answering student emails from her section.  And since I was answering those questions I dealt with some emails from my other class too.  By the time I finished all of those it was time to pick up the kids.

I had a dream of a nap after picking up the kids - once in a while it can happen.  I just lay down on the couch and get a brief snooze in.  (Emphasis on brief.)  However, I was needed and then decided I should start dinner and start a load of laundry and then nap time was gone.  

But I at least had a relaxing evening.  I'm hoping that things will be under control, or at least as under control as possible this semester, by the weekend.



No comments: