Monday, October 7, 2024

Monday: ghosts

Scene: Getting the kids out of the house for school, which means making breakfasts and lunches and, most pertinent to this story, snacks.

I'm not always the cleanest lunch and snack maker, taking out food slowly and then putting it all away at the end.  I don't always close the cabinet doors.  

Ok.  Well, I cleaned up a bit and closed the cabinet door.  I dealt with something else.

Oh, the cabinet door is open again.  I must not have closed it.  I got everyone off to school.

Oh, the cabinet door is open again.  Have I really not closed it yet?  I thought I put all the snacks away.  I close it - I am certain it is closed.

Oh, the cabinet door is open again.  I haven't even been in the kitchen since last time I closed it!

I close the door and watch it.  Over the course of the next three seconds it opens all the way up.  I wasn't imagining it!  But it opened slowly enough that I had moved onto the next thing and didn't see it open.

I put a rubber band around the knob attaching it to the cabinet above.  It'll work for now.  Surprisingly, no one has said anything about it to me yet.  What changed to make it suddenly want to be open?

No comments: