Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday: birthing class

Today Ben and I went to the child birthing class at the hospital.  It was pretty good, although also a bit scary...everyone in the videos looked like they were in so much pain.  (A little later they talked about pain medications and such, so that eased the scariness a little bit).  There was also a tour and just general information about how the hospital works and what to expect.  There were a few hands on activities, but they were all pretty short...we all had a baby doll but all that we did was swaddle it once.

At the end we got a certificate of completion, although it kind of felt like a certificate of having no clue what we're getting into.

3 comments:

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

I can finally check up on people in the blogging world again! I LOVE your haircut. It looks amazing!

And, yeah . . . Pain while in labor . . . Well, it's different for every woman. And I say that it even differs for every pregnancy for the same woman. The good news is that the pain medications typically do work very well.

And, yes, you are very right: Guinevere is very little until you think about the fact that you have something that size inside of you, then she seems very large!

Jess said...

Pain in labor... I think is over talked about :) I mean it does truly hurt, but for the amount of talk it gets I imagined it to be a lot worse. Also knowing that there is an end not too far off and as soon as it ends most of the pain is completely gone and you are left with an awesome blessing. Worth it!

Amy Worrel said...

I agree with what Jess said. It's scary to think about and you don't know what will happen. I was scared. But I learned I am strong. And that Brian is strong. But the pain doesn't last, and it is such a great reward. And you will do great, Ben will, too. And you are strong. And God is stronger and *in control* (thought about that a lot leading up).