Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday: At the tone, the time will be...

I put Isaac down for his afternoon nap.  He was almost falling asleep while eating, so I thought he would go right to sleep.  He didn't.  He cried for a few minutes.  Then he found his socks.  He spent fifteen minutes playing with and eating his socks.  About ten minutes into listening him jabber to his socks I decided I was sick of waiting and so would close my eyes.

Of course, he started crying again.  I told myself I had to open my eyes to look at the clock so I didn't let him cry too long.  Ok.  Ready?  Set?  Open.  The time is blue shirt.  Phew.  I can close my eyes.  Ok, blue shirt plus ten minutes is...

Wait a minute!  I didn't actually open my eyes!  Was I dreaming?

Sigh.  I managed to do so on the second attempt.  Flurry had cuddled with me by this time so I really was hoping Isaac would go to sleep.  He did.  So did I.

No comments: