Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Wednesday: quilt show

Today Cheryl and I went to the large nearby quilt show.   It was nice to see the quilts and the quilting. As expected, my favorite quilts tended to be solids quilts.
  (Color Play by Karlie Grable)

There were a lot of quilts with really neat quilting too.

There were a lot of fancy applique quilts.  Most of them, while amazing, were too fancy for my tastes.  However, I really liked this one of a door.  I liked how they did the bricks.
 (Papa's Door by Pamela Pandolfi)

 (Barbara's Circle by Beth Nuter and Clem Buzick)

We also did a bit of shopping.  I was looking for medium greys for a quilt that I probably won't make now.  I'm not going to make it because it was going to be for Joshua's new bed.  However, I also found a fabric pack with robots and rockets and circuits...and I knew that Joshua would like that so much better.  (I showed it to him at home and he did love it.)

No comments: