Monday, April 9, 2018

Monday: 16 years

Once again, Mom's death day has come.  As per normal lately, it was a sad day but still a normal day.

A few weeks ago I happened to be talking with one of Mom's old friends.  She remarked that there was an incredible joy in Mom, and I realized that was an excellent way to describe her.  I've been reflecting on the statement often and how it was a blessing to have her as a mom.

Here is one of her turtles, waiting to go outside.  They always came in for the winter, but were anxious to get out again.  I'll probably let it out soon, but I'd like to wait until we actually aren't going to get snow anymore. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A joy-filled life is such a blessing to others and a beautiful statement of faith. I wish I could have known your mom.

Annette B.

betsy said...

Love you, Amanda! Joy- filled is a good way to describe your sweet mom! This is a good reminder for me to think about how people would describe me... so sorry still for your loss. Hugs to you ❤