Thursday, October 11, 2018

Thursday: getting colder

Today was significantly colder than yesterday.  I've been warning the kids that they'll need to wear shoes and coats and such, but it seems like such a fight when the time actually comes around.

Today Joshua had some new tennis shoes.  He's been wearing some crocs that are really just a bit to big for him, and so he was not happy about these shoes.  I then told him he had to get a coat on.  (Or a sweatshirt, I don't really care at this point.)  He loudly refused.  He would only wear a hat.  Well, ok, we're in the car so it isn't too bad, but I took all his stuff in his bag for when they went outside at school.  Once we got to school I started to take it out of his bag so the teacher would know Joshua had warm clothing and I'm not a terrible parent.  That is when Joshua decided to put his sweatshirt on.  I rolled my eyes a bit.

We got a new, slightly larger fish tank today with a filter.  (Side note: I-Don't-Know managed to jump out of the fish tank yesterday while I was doing a partial change of the water.  I couldn't believe it.)  The boys were both very interested in putting the bottom stuff in the new tank and managed to cram together on one step stool and share.  I was impressed; I'm not sure I would have been able to handle such tight quarters.  (Speaking of quarters, the latest game that they're playing together is called "HQ."  I once again don't know the rules, but it involves getting all the pillows out.)


1 comment:

The Accidental Boilermaker said...

Joshua and Jameson could get together and complain abut how much they dislike winter clothes. Jameson will at least wear gym shoes, it's the coat, hat, and gloves that are the problem.