Sunday, July 19, 2026

Sunday: breaking Isaac

Ben, Isaac, and I played a quick game of Can't Stop this evening.  It really was fast, because I won 3-0-0.  The rule in our house is that the winner has to put the game away.  When I lose I often feel better because of this rule and when I win I'm still happy because I won.

Anyway.

Because I won so well, Isaac was trying to figure out a new rule that basically said if you skunk everyone else you should also have to clean up the game by yourself.  The conversation went something like this.

Isaac: "If you win, you win." *Thinking*

Ben and I look at each other and burst out laughing.  "Oh phew.  If you win then you win."

This set Isaac off into spurts of laughter, but he made a valiant attempt to continue.

Isaac: "If the players have zero points, then they don't have any points."

Ben and I again: "Thanks for the clarification.  This is enlightening."

Isaac, barely able to talk at this point: "No, if all the players who didn't win have zero points then the player who won..."

Ben: "The winner has one point.  I don't think you understand the game."

Isaac gave up, laughing uncontrollably.

No comments: