Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday: a good day

Today was a good day.


It started out with working from home in the morning because I was going to get a late start at work. I was eating yogurt for breakfast and Flurry came over (several times) to try and get some. At one point she stood on my shoulder trying to figure out how to get some.

Then I gave blood at work. Thanks to iron-rich vitamins, I didn't have any hemoglobin problems. I felt a bit dizzy at some points, but ended up doing fine.
I went to Bible Study at night. It was our first "real" Bible Study in a while and it was really good. We talked about sin and fears and habits and such and how they all link together. I realized one of my fears is that of being accepted. I'm not really sure why, but it's definitely there. Anyway, afterwards one of the girls asked if I was going to the women's retreat this weekend. I wasn't for a bunch of dumb reasons...basically I didn't get around to signing up. So she had one of the other people call the coordinator to see if there was still room. A lady had dropped out earlier today so there was a (pre-paid!) spot for me! So I came away from the study feeling very accepted and excited about this weekend. The only problem is that it's a women's retreat. I don't really consider myself a woman yet...I do woman things all the time, but am really just an old young adult. Well, maybe I can be both for a weekend.

No comments: