Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday: AK0! AK0!

So today I did a fit check of something on the aircraft and we found the aircraft came in with something wrong (not really a surprise).  I'm talking to one of the guys who fixes that stuff, and he complains that it is taking forever to get parts.  He tells me to make sure the paperwork says AK0 and not AK1 on it.  Ok, that makes sense to me: 0 must be higher priority than 1.

I'm talking to the people that will help me fill out the paperwork and I say "Can we make sure it is an AK0 instead of an AK1?"  They look at me in amazement and can't believe I know that.  
"Wow, you know that?"
"No, I have no idea what it means." I say. "I'm just repeating what I heard and I need this fixed." :)
Laughter.
So now everytime I go in there I'm going to tell them it is an AK0 priority.

But I also know more now:
AK0 is the highest priority
AK7 is the middle priority
AK1 is the lowest priority.

Make sense?

No comments: