Friday, February 6, 2009

Thursday: the rest of the trip

The rest of the trip was also wonderful. I landed in Detroit a half hour early. Early! Can you believe it?!? I took a leisurely walk through the physodellic(sp?) tunnel, being happy the whole way through that was wasn't running, dodging people, about to throw up, etc. I think that place is the place I most regularly realize that I'm out of shape.

I saw someone waiting at my gate that looked like Nathan. I looked again, yeah, looks like him but he wouldn't be here. Well, maybe I should look from a different angle just in case. I saw a gold chain around his neck and again said, no, it isn't him. But every time I looked that way I had to do a double take. And then again when we were getting the luggage. It was a little sad that it wasn't actually Nathan.

It's kind of nice doing something by myself because I remember that I can do big stuff by myself, but I was also really missing Ben. I felt like I was missing something the whole time I was flying and I think it was him.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Early... must be Ben wasn't along! It is very different traveling alone. Hope all goes well... would love to see you, but I know it's busy. Have fun, big girl!