Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday: my job

Well I think my project is probably going to be canceled or put on hold tomorrow. There's been a lot of talk that the current project was canceled, and we have a big meeting at 8am. Since a lot of you will probably hear about it, here is my thought process:

*The site tries really hard not to lay people off, so I still expect to have a job at 9am tomorrow.
*I'm not in a department that is only the helicopter, so that might help.
*I had an important meeting with the customer tomorrow at 8am. It was rescheduled for 9am (not canceled!) which I take to be a good sign.
*Ben and I redid our finances on Saturday and can survive on one income.
*It might be nice to go back to working 40-44 hours/week.
*I don't actually know what is going on...maybe it's better than expected.
*God's taken care of me financially so far, so why stop now?

But I'm still a bit stressed.

5 comments:

Jess said...

I'll be praying for you and your job! God's in control of it all.

Anonymous said...

Amanda, only stress and worry about the things you can change, the other stuff will change all on its own.

when was the last time someone told you it was OK to worry and stress? i only word it that way because most likely you will worry or stress about it even if i tell you not to.

Money is only one part of our lives, the other parts are worth much more than money.

Zachary and Jennifer said...

We hope it goes well for you and Ben. That was smart of you guys to review your financial situation, so whatever does happen you are prepared and can react quickly.

Heather Perry said...

Hey Amanda,
I will be praying for you and for Ben. But especially for your job, I know that can feel uncertain and stressful. You are 100% accurate when you say that God is in control!!!

Jamie said...

Keep up the positive focus and attitude regardless of what happens... keep trusting God. Praying for you.