Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday: memories


Today is the 7th anniversary of Mom's death. It's been so long...so many things have changed. This year I was really hit by how much I took her for granted.

Well, that first month or so after she died I wrote down as many memories as I could think of...there were several I repeated, like how she would pull her turtlenecks over her mouth when she was cold and when we were camping in the UP she would pile on the beach blankets to stay warm. But there were others like how her e-mails to me in college always started with the day of the week (ah ha! That's where I got it.) and how we would move her decorative animals in the bathroom and she would get mad and how the decorative turtles would migrate inside during the winter and outside during the summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

/hug

--Dusty

Jamie said...

Thinking of you... thankful for your memories. (((HUGS))) Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and getting to hug in person!!!