Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday: bittersweet

Layoffs were today. Ben and I still have our jobs (yay). However, a lot of people that we know and one person that we would consider an outside of work friend were laid off. I expect both of us will end up doing a lot of interacting with these people over the next few weeks which could be awkward.

I'm sure in a few days we'll be back to our normal selves, but in the meantime we're a bit bummed. We're still anxiously awaiting news on one more friend too, but he was on vacation so we haven't heard anything.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Glad to know you both have your jobs but I would imagine the whole atmosphere there is a bit unusual for everyone.

Jess said...

Yay for having jobs! I guess we will find out when Clay goes in.

Zachary and Jennifer said...

I have had some cuts at my workplace in the past year too. It is always makes a strange/tense environment for everyone staying and leaving. I am glad you guys still have your jobs.

Jennifer