Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday: baking

Ah, it's been a pretty relaxing day today. We went to church, I took a nap, read, worked on the quilt, cleaned (just a bit), and baked. Ben baked with me - he made the pb cookies and I made the bran muffins. I find it interesting how our baking styles differ. I tend to put in about the right amount and Ben puts in exactly the right amount. I don't completely pack the brown sugar but add a bit extra to make up for it, while Ben packs it to get it correct. Both styles seem to work, although I guess mine has a higher chance of being not as consistent.

I'm still not sure exactly how Mom made the bran muffins. They seemed close to how I remember them this time, but still not as dark or as big. Mine still taste like I expect, but it always makes me wonder what the difference is. I even add more bran than the recipe calls for, so either she was adding twice as much bran or there was something else sneaky. Or I have a faulty memory.

No comments: