Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday: Office 2007

Today I feel as though I have several things to write about. Luckily for you, I choose the most light-hearted one. The rest seem to be on-going thoughts, so you might get them at a later time.

I was going to be away from my computer for a while today, so I took the plunge and installed Office 2007. (Huh, I just realized it's now 2010...that's a while). (Note that they were going to force us to install Office 2007 next week, so it really isn't that much of a plunge.) I mainly was using power point and outlook. Outlook was pretty similar, so not a big deal there. Power point...well, I like how they preview colors when you're changing colors, and I like how the dumb clipboard is gone (HIP-HIP-HOORAY!!), and how you can change objects while they were still grouped. However, I was having some serious problems with the slide master when slides were being imported from Office 2003. I also could not copy and paste a set of grouped items. I tended to get one of the items along with some extra stuff that just showed up. I had to ungroup them to have them copy.

Here's what I'm still waiting for Windows to put in...keyboard shortcuts to copy/paste two items and a way to undo something two "do-s" ago while keeping the last thing that was done.

No comments: