Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday: things I realize

As I sit here on my sheet-less bed, I start thinking about all the other places I could go to sleep so that I don't have to make the bed when Ben comes to bed after I've fallen asleep.

Couch in the basement. couch upstairs. Tell Ben not to make the bed. the other bed.

what? The other bed? Ben and I have both managed to be sick this past week with a cough. A loud, obnoxious cough, and so we've been sleeping in different places. This is the first time in our married lives that we've done this, but it's been necessary. Usually Ben ends up on the couch because he's nice like that. and then tonight I realized that we have a second bed. Oops.

1 comment:

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

Dave and I sleep in different rooms all the time. Actually, he is usually in the living room and I'm in the bedroom. The reason? We have the worst bed. It was my great aunt's-- same mattress and bed spring too. It is also only a double. Dave is just over 6'2" and does not even fit on the bed. And so, we will frequently sleep separately just so we can get some sleep! How I would love a good bed!