Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thursday: super Dad

So, continuing from last night. Around 1:30 I had no clue what to do. Laying him down didn't work, holding him didn't work because he would just root around, and feeding didn't work because he stopped to quickly. So Ben took over and managed to get him to sleep. And didthe same thing a few more times at night.

We have noticed that Isaac will more easily calm down in Ben's arms. He seems to have a magic touch.

The day again went pretty quickly, although not much of note happened. Yesterday I realized that I hadn't taken many pictures, so today I tried to remedy that.




This is the quilt I'm making him. It isn't quite finished, but enough for pictures.





This one is my favorite.










4 comments:

Mary said...

Wonderful to read of your uncharted and wonderful and challenging journey with Isaac and see your photos, Amanda. The one you mark your favorite looks like you, I think. And the third one from the bottom clearly shows his intelligence: quite The Thinker already. :-) Hope to meet him soon!

Jess said...

Yay for Ben! It was the same with Hugh. Clay could calm down Hugh much faster than I could for about the first 3 months then it switched! :) Miah on the other hand def calms down with me faster. So enjoy the break while you can Amanda! Love the quilt too! Are you reading any good books?

Aventure canadienne said...

Great job Ben! I've noticed that Aaron can also get Emma Beth to sleep on occasion because she doesn't smell mom. I really think that she gets distracted from what the goal is (sleep) when she is with me. I love the pictures. Great quilt.

Amy Worrel said...

Pictures didn't load for me, so I will try to see them later. Brian also had the touch with Carolyn for the first few months. Just magic. Hope today was a good day!