Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesday: teaching

Today was my first day of teaching!

It actually went a lot better than I was expecting.  My biggest problem was that there weren't enough computers (six of them were down).  I thought I was going to have just enough until two people showed up very late.  Bother.  I ended up putting them in a separate room...not ideal, but I figure it shows that I can be creative.  I would have had people work together but, like I said, they showed up very late.  I'm hoping more computers will be fixed by tomorrow.  Not everyone had the book either.  But enough people had it and were willing to share so that it worked.

I was able to answer all but one of the questions.  Keep in mind that I haven't really done much with any type of AutoCAD software before.  I've taken the class and fumbled my way around in it for a few things.  And I did the assignment ahead of time.  So I felt like I sounded as though I knew what I was doing. :)  And the one question I couldn't answer didn't impede the student's progress - it was just a random question.  And I have the answer now.

After Bible Study we came home and took a nap.  I finally got a picture of Isaac sleeping.  He usually sleeps with his butt in the air.  Often his legs are crossed, although not this time.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Congrats on day1 of teaching complete! Ethan sleeps with his butt in the air too (when we can get him to sleep in his crib at least) :)