Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday: OT 2x

Isaac and I made it through the Old Testament in his Bible today.
source

It's been interesting because each story is about eight to ten sentences long.  It gets the main point across, but skips over many of the details that the Bible has.  It makes me wonder how many details the Bible has left out that are not crucial but would still be interesting.  And how many stories got left out.

Interestingly, this is the one book that Isaac has a problem letting me read to him.  It started out fine, but recently he wants to hold it alone.  Usually I hold the books and he turns the pages (at least for once through the book), but for this book he just screams.  So while we've made it through the Old Testament, I'm not sure he's getting anything.  Oh well, I'll keep persevering.  And he likes holding it himself, so that's good at least.

No comments: