Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday: afternoon

This afternoon was rather rough of Isaac, and I'm not really sure why. The tears came so quickly over the smallest things. But it gives me more chances to hug him. :D

The funniest was when he through a red 2x2 Duplo toward me. Duplo throwing is prohibited, so I took it away. He got so upset.the only thing I could think of was that he had about 20 more unused red 2x2 duplos still sitting in the box and he should go get one of those. Of course, I didn't say anything because that would ruin the teaching moment he was so kind to give me.

Speaking of teaching, I've found that some things are really, really hard to teach children...or at least Isaac. What items are ok to throw? When you're putting a puzzle together, what clues do you look for? When is it ok to hit people (like in football)? There are so many things to teach that I don't have good explanations for.

1 comment:

Amy Worrel said...

I say, "You can throw a ball" instead of don't throw this or that. Sometimes that's tricky: we have a ball and stick magnet set. You can't throw those balls. Football is stupid, so there's never any reason to hit somebody. ;) I tell C to match the picture (color, usually) for puzzle working. Now she can identify edges and corners, but that is very recent.