Friday, November 24, 2017

Friday: Minecraft, run, quilt

After waiting somewhat patiently for a while to get to play Minecraft, Isaac and Ben finally started today.  Isaac loved it.  We weren't really sure how well he'd do since you need to use the keyboard and mouse, but he did really well.  (I did hear a lot of "w, w, w, w" though.)  Joshua watched on Ben's lap and was rather concerned that wolves would get them in the caves.  They were playing on 'nice' mode though, so there were no wolves and we weren't really sure where it came from.

At one point Ben was on a cliff edge and Joshua said, "According to my research, you shouldn't go down there."  Apparently Magic School Bus has impacted his speech patterns.

I made the boys go on a run with me around the lake today since the weather was surprisingly nice out.  They both did really well.  I had told Isaac at the beginning of the summer that if he ran around the lake with only one stop he could get a big treat, and of course he remembered today.  Well, he easily ran around the lake.  He had several small stops waiting for Joshua and I to catch up and two big stops that Joshua and I called, but he didn't use his stop.  I'll be honest; I'm not sure I could have kept up with him.  So they got some ice cream with sprinkles.

Joshua received his quilt that Cheryl made.  He was much more excited about it than he appears in the picture.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Are you training for something? Good job with the run!