Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Wednesday: can you play with me?

While "can you play with me?" is cute and lovely, I heard it too much today.    

Joshua was also in a mood.  Maybe that was part of the problem today, or maybe it was because I would often play for a short time and then stop.  In either case, it just wasn't working.

"I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING!"
This came after I told him I couldn't help with the Legos any more because I was in the middle of making dinner.  I probably suggested that he go see Ben.  Then he said that he didn't want to go to his bedroom.  ...ok, well, I hadn't suggested it but I guess it's good to know.  (To be fair, if they're loud or crying unreasonably they do sometimes have to go to their bedroom until they're ready to come out.  It wasn't completely out of the blue.)  Then he said he didn't want to do anything.  That was fine with me too; that way I didn't need to help him with anything either and could say yes for once.

No comments: