Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Wednesday: before Thanksgiving

Today Isaac had a half day of school.  I changed Joshua's day to be today too.  One the way we had the following conversation:
J: Mom, smoke is stinky.
A: Yeah, smoke can be stinky.
J: Smoke and skunks!  Skunks are really stinky.
A: For sure!
J: Skunks should go poop.

 The first thing he said to a teacher when he got to school was, "No nap today!"  The second thing he said to a different teacher was, "I don't have to sleep today!"  The third thing was to the third teacher, "No sleep today!"  Apparently that was the theme for most of the morning as he told them over and over again.

I had three hours and eight things on my to-do list.  I got them all done with 15 minutes to spare.  I wouldn't say that I worked hard the whole three hours, but I did work steadily.

I picked Isaac up and we had lunch with Ben before getting Joshua.

We started to put up Christmas decorations this afternoon.  It felt a bit weird since I think I've always waited until after Thanksgiving, but we had some good time for it.


Isaac put up most of the ornaments and did a good job spreading them out.  Joshua did a good job clustering them together.



Isaac seems to also enjoy the lights, and so we put up several strands.  I ordered some hooks to put them up in more places.  Here Isaac is adding some wall tape to the wires so that when it touches (rubs) against the shelf it doesn't fray.  The logic is almost there; he's just missing the fact that these wires won't move that much.

I have no idea what Joshua is doing here, but it was cute.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Did you dress them red and green on purpose? Very appropriate! :)