Monday, March 12, 2018

Monday: reading month

Since March is reading month, Isaac's school had a reading thing tonight.  There was an author that was going to be there and the teachers were going to read some books, along with a craft and snack.

I expected the author, a paleontologist, to read part of his book.  I've been to some author readings before and enjoyed them.  Instead it was a talk about where you can find fossils in Michigan.  While not bad, it also didn't quite hold my interest as expected.  Joshua started to fall asleep, especially since it was dark.  I asked Isaac if he wanted to come out with us and he said no, so even though he was a bit wiggly he must have been enjoying it.

The teachers reading is a bit more what I expected.  Some where better than others, but it had more of a story time feel.

The craft was fine; the kids enjoyed running in the gym and the popcorn that was there too.


That being said, I kind of wish we hadn't gone.  Not due to content, but I felt like I was herding cats.  "You need to keep eating."  "You need to hurry and get your coat on."  "You need to get your pajamas on quickly as it's almost bedtime."  and on and on.  The boys just wanted to work on the houses for their animals.  Oh well.  Perhaps I'll make a different choice next time; perhaps I won't.

No comments: