Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Monday: Christmas Eve

First things first: everyone had to do some cleaning.  I did the kitchen and kitchen table.  The boys did their rooms.  (We tried the mountain method, which is putting everything that needs to be taken care of in the middle of the room.  The boys could then see what still needed to be dealt with.  It worked well.)  Ben cleaned up some of his stuff too.

Finally, everyone was done and it was time for some presents.

I got a Lego carousal.  I always try to get it for Ben, but then something else gets chosen.  So I finally put it on my list.

Joshua made Ben a penguin pillow.  While I helped with the execution, Joshua was the one with the idea and helped with the sewing.

Isaac got some gloves/mittens that he was super excited about.

Joshua got a bunch of candy, including some candy bones.  Puppy was rather excited.

The boys also both got new pajamas.  Joshua was especially excited about them.

During the afternoon, Joshua started his puzzle again.  I separated out the edge from non-edge pieces, but besides that he did it all himself.  I'm not sure I've seen such concentration from him before.  He's had a few shorter spurts of an hourish on things, but this was by far the longest.

In the evening Dad and Pat came over for dinner.  Joshua started his puzzle again and got some help from them.  They met the kitties.  They gave Isaac a gift certificate for IHop and he was properly excited. :D

No comments: