Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Wednesday: croup?

Last night Isaac woke up barely able to breathe and with the barking cough that signals croup.  I had just had a bad dream and so was somewhat awake.  I heard a sound and thought it was Joshua, but since I was already awake I got out of bed to see what was wrong.  Then Isaac came out of his room and I realized what was going on.

Surprisingly, I didn't even need to think about what I was doing.  I got out the nebulizer, put it all together (a bit of a trick in the dark without glasses), and put in the abulteral.  It helped, but not as much as I wanted.  So we did some saline too.  I had Isaac stick his head out the back door, but he didn't stay there for long.

We watched a show.  We rested together in his bed.  We moved to the couch, because I wasn't even close to sleeping.  Isaac fell asleep on the couch, I didn't.  A (long) while after this whole thing started I felt comfortable enough to leave Isaac and get some sleep.

Happily, Aunt C was willing to come over this morning so I could take an uninterrupted nap.

Isaac was doing much better today, but he is still sleeping on the couch to help him stay upright.  I'm not convinced that everything is back to normal for him yet.

In other news, both cats took a nap on Ben's lap this evening.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Bummer! We had our first and only croup experience this fall and it was no fun. Sorry your dealing with it again and I hope you get sleep tonight!