Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Wednesday: doctor, occupation, Ash Wednesday

I took Joshua to his "big" doctor's appointment for going to the bathroom all the time.  I'll admit, it has gotten much better.  There are still times he goes to the bathroom a lot, but it is reduced.

Anyway, we went to the appointment because it took us a month and a half to get in.  The doctor was really nice and said that this is pretty normal.  It lasts a few weeks and then goes away.  If it comes back, which it may, we can get an ultrasound done but unless that happens we can continue as normal (and make sure he eats enough fiber).

On the way home from school Isaac told me that currently, when he grows up, he wants to be a scientist.  I asked him a few more questions...he wants to mix liquids that are "very movey" and "medium movey".  We talked about viscosity after that, but I'm not sure he understood it.

Isaac and I went to the Ash Wednesday service at church.  It is not what Isaac was expected, but they gave us a chunk of clay at the beginning as part of the message.  So he was content because he could play with the clay.  (I started by making a marshmellow out of my clay.  I was actually quite proud of it.  Then we had to squeeze and destroy our creation in our hands (i.e., sin).  God can remake us, either very differently or about the same but with some new cracks.)


1 comment:

betsy said...

Glad to hear Joshua is doing better and the doctor wasn't very worried!!!❤