Thursday, September 26, 2019

Friday afternoon: day 3b

After we were done with the official tour we went to explore Lego House.  It is awesome.  It is very well thought out (see the previous post).  Almost everything worked, which is sometimes the problem with museums.



Ben and I decided to go in the history portion first.  It was the one spot that the morning tour didn't cover, and we were curious as to what it looked like.  There was a good reason the tour didn't go to it; it was pretty much the same info that we had on the first day of the tour, just in a different form.  However, Ben and I still enjoyed looking at all the different sets because we had been rushed through that part earlier.



Then back upstairs to look at the dinosaurs.  As with any art, you see different things each time you look at it.

We found some friends swimming in the Duplo pool and decided to join them.  (Well, "join" them...we all took turns because there was a bit of a hole after the first person that made it easier to swim in.  When laying down they don't hurt.  The hardest part was actually getting any leverage to move around.)



Then we made things with the 2x4 bricks.  Ben made a dragon, but it was hard to move.  So I made an apple and a ham, so I could throw them at the dragon.  (Remember the sign from the hotel a few days ago?)  I also made a tree.




Then we went to the test track.  This was not my favorite part, but probably because my cars didn't work very well.  Ben managed to get a car through the goal though!


Then we went to the city builder.  I was about to say it was my favorite, but then I remembered some of the others.  It's in the top three at least.  We wanted to make a park, but there were no green squares left.  I asked the helper for more, and he happily got some but asked me to hold his...uh...skeleton dragon?  The name started with an E.

Anyway, then we made our parks.  Oh, I didn't get a good view of mine.  They grey thing is a bridge.  I figured out later that the 45deg angle works better for pictures.

Mine is the one in the one on the land bridge and I think Ben's is the one above it.  He didn't use their cool picture thing to take many pictures this day to help him remember what he made.  Joining us were Birgit, Alice, and Mart.

Then we used robots to save minifigs that were saving mammoths!  (I wanted to do this the next day too, but the line was too long.)  Everyone has a robot that has Boost controls (so you can put in a series of actions) and you need to get to a frozen minifig and shoot fire at them.  Sometimes you need to make an ice bridge.  It was a lot of fun.







Moving to the green area!  Make a mini-fig of yourself.  I made two.  Normal Amanda with scissors (for cutting fabric) and fearless Amanda.  Ben made his too (and took a picture!) but I don't know the story behind it.




Then we looked around the three Lego builds for a while.  They were amazing, with so much little detail.

They regularly had Duplo sections so that families with younger kids would also have a place to play and the family could move through the house together.  The forest was transitioning into Duplo, which was right by that Duplo play area.

This was one of my favorites:



Then the house closed.  On the way out I made a tile for the mosic.  I wasn't really sure what it was, but it turned out to be the top of a hand.


After a rest at the hotel were I starting packing and realized we might not have enough room to get everything home, we went to dinner.  (The Insider Tour sets were quite a bit bigger than I thought they would be.  The night before I was like, "no problem!  I'm not sure we bought enough!"  and this night I was like, "We might need to leave some clothes behind.")

After talking at dinner for a while, I went to the restroom.  It, as everything, was nicely themed.

Here's the group!  After the tour I got to know two more people well...Colin (yellow shirt, Netherlands) and Rebecca (plaid shirt, Texas).

No comments: