Monday, July 26, 2021

Monday: science camps

Science camps started today!  Joshua's is in the morning and Isaac's is in the afternoon.  It's a bit of an annoying schedule, but we'll just have picnic lunches nearby.

Joshua seemed to enjoy his and said it went by faster than expected.  Isaac was only so-so on his...he's learning about energy and knew a lot of today's information.  But I told him tomorrow morning he could try to build a solar oven for s'mores, and he was excited about that.

I learned today that there are bathrooms in Centennial Park.  Joshua had to go, of course, and so I thought there might be port-a-potties behind the hill.  Imagine my surprise when there were actual bathrooms!  I've lived in this town so long and have spent a fair amount of time at this park, but never knew there were bathrooms.

Joshua and I went grocery shopping in the afternoon.  He seemed to think it was only for his birthday party, but I was rather sure that we needed all sorts of groceries.  We found the butter that Katy worked on (butter with seeds) and got one of those.  Then when we were checking out we got a coupon for Land-o-Lakes butter.  Katy recently changed to marketing and is working on coupons like that, so we got very Katy shopping trip.

I finally got a nap and Horizon cuddled with me.  Upon waking, I moved over to the couch as I was having a hard time actually waking up and Tornado cuddled with me.



No comments: