Monday, July 26, 2021

Sunday: leaving

Today was leaving day.  I woke up way to early, because I was nervous about things that were going to be fine.  But when you're up, you're up.  Oh, I guess the major thing of note is that both boys were negative for COVID.  Greta had a cold and passed it around a bit.  As colds go, it's pretty minor.  But the last thing I wanted was to get to the airport, have a boy cough one too many times, and be required to get a test before getting on an airplane.  Greta's had come back negative earlier in the week so it was more an airport peace of mind than actually thinking they had COVID.  It was Joshua's first test, and I really don't think that he should get to go through the whole pandemic without at least one.




Our first flight was delayed a bit and we were a tad worried about our connection, but we reached it about 15 minutes before boarding started.  It mostly meant that we had lunch in Tulsa instead of Chicago.

Joshua feel asleep on the way home in the car.  He fell asleep a lot in the car on this trip, which I take to be a sign of a great trip.

I got a text later that night that said someone had made popcorn and it took less than five minutes to make!  I laughed out loud and disturbed Ben.  The house had many good features...the private pool, the space, the number of tables, and the number of sitting areas.  The kitchen however, was lacking.  It took us two days to figure out how to get the microwave to sort of work properly.  The oven breaker needed to be cycled twice during our stay*.  The kitchen was lacking some basic pans.  The tables let off a ton of black stain when we first got there.  The house was acceptably clean, but there were still empty bottles around and a rather dirty floor.  I'd recommend it to people with some caveats.

*Ben told us in detail how he fixed the oven the first time.  I found the story rather boring**, but paid attention because it was a relief to have a working oven.  It was a good thing I paid attention because I was easily able to reproduce the fix.

**Sorry Ben.  Breaker boxes just aren't exciting though.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Sounds like a really fun trip!!!