Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday: Flurry

Well, last night Flurry was hopping around quite a bit...remember the paw problem from about a month ago? It never really went away. So I called the vet, and then brought Flurry to them for some x-rays.

She didn't have a broken bone, but she did have some bones that weren't in the right place in her "wrist". So they wrapped her up in this huge red splint which she was not happy about and was not afraid to let everyone know.

We brought her home andshe could barely walk. She ended up laying around most of the time because the cast was so big. Then she kind of discovered she could walk if she kept her left side by a wall to keep from tipping over...she proceeded to escape from the bedroom but then didn't know what to do because the wall went the wrong way. I caught her and put her in the bathroom.

Ben and I started eating, and about 10 minutes later we hear some meows. I decide to go get her and put her on my lap. I get in the bathroom and she's managed to turn on the bathtub water, get up on the counter, and get her paw free from the splint.

Back to the vet we go. By now I'm sure she is zonked out as they are going to try and put a cast on her this time. She also is staying over night. :(

Oh Flurry. I didn't even have time to take a picture of your plight.

2 comments:

sailor42 said...

oh my goodness. I hope she heals quickly

Lisa said...

I shouldn't laugh but I couldn't help it. I hope Flurry is feeling better (and regains her dignity) soon! :)