Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday: registering

Ben and I went to Target tonight to start registering. Not to necessarily scan everything we wanted there, but at least get started.

I think it would have been hilarious to watch us; we had almost no clue what we were doing.

"Let's choose a crib! I read that the slat have to be no more than so far apart and no drop sides."
"They all have those features."
"And they all turn into toddler beds."
"Well, I think that one is ugly."
"I don't like this one."
"That still leaves three to choose from."

"Let's get a mattress! The firmer the better."
" Extra firm or ultra firm?"
"uh.."
(We were able to figure that one out...one had more coils.)

"Let's get spoons!"
...
...
"There's too many."
Luckily, a nice lady took pity on us and recommended some.

"Let's get this shark towel."
"It doesn't look like a shark."
"I know. It actually looks like a monster and I think that'll be cuter."

"Let's get a pack-n-play!"
"This one has too much extra stuff."
"This one has a hood...that looks annoying to deal with."
"You can leave the second level in when packing this one up."
"Score."
(This was probably the easiest thing to choose.)

"Let's get him an electronic!"
"Only if you can justify why it should be on the registry."
"A large TV? He will need a large TV."
( We couldn't find one absurdly large enough.)
"Legos? How about Lego Pirates, the video game."
"ok."

1 comment:

Han said...

I'm laughing with you, not at you. Someday, I will totally be in the same boat. Except I will have Rachel. If you have questions about baby gear, she would actually be a good person to ask actually. I think she would tell you to get a baby bjorn and a baby sling, among other things. Let me know if you have any specific questions to pass along. Enjoy the process. :)