Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday: counting

Today this child is 23 weeks old. Or something. Apparently at 23 weeks you get told your age by what size you are, not what age you are. Wouldn't that be cool as an adult? You could age backwards.

Anyway, that's not the point.

The point is that I'm annoyed with how months are counted in pregnancy. At 23 weeks, I start my 6th month and can tell everyone that I'm six months pregnant. Being six months pregnant lasts from 5m1d to 5m28d. When my baby is a real six months old, it will be when he is 6m1d to 6m30d. It seems like this latter way is how it should work. What especially annoys me is that they are measured differently. Sure, one seems like a better option, but either would be fine. BUT THEY SHOULD BE THE SAME. I always feel like I'm lying when I say how far along I am in months, so I try to go with weeks.

In more other news, I'm about halfway through knowing about the baby. I managed to skip week 20 because he jumped to week 21, so I'll celebrate today (by doing nothing special).

1 comment:

Jess said...

I completely agree with how annoying the months thing is!