Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tuesday/Wednesday: It's a...

...day we've all been waiting for: ultrasound day! Yay! The baby seems healthy, at least according to the initial looks. I'll find out in about two weeks if that isn't the case.

The baby on the side: head on the right. The baby was rather wiggly. It started in one direction and by the end had turned itself 180 degrees. We also saw its mouth open and close a few times.



We saw all the different parts, including a foot, arms, legs, heart, head, etc. As the tech was going through the different layers of the skull it looked kind of like a horror film, but the outermost layer always looked ok.






After doing the measurements they also moved the due date up a week to Dec 27. It's a little bit sad that it is closer to Christmas, but at the same time it would be nice to meet the baby earlier.

Well, on to the news that I know you've been anxiously waiting for...how my MRI scan went this morning. Imagine you're at a new age concert with a synthesizer and a wooden block...that's what it sounded like. Except you could see only white. I had the scan because of my weird, super short but super painful headaches that I was having in March and April. I haven't had them since then, but since it wasn't the first round of them the doctor decided to get the MRI done just in case. It was longer than I expected...20 to 30 minutes...and by the end I was getting sore from just being still for so long. I'll find out in a few days if there's something wrong, but I doubt it.

Ok, back to the baby. It's a boy. I had convinced myself that it was a girl so I was rather surprised, but not at all sad. I keep saying to myself, "It's a boy!!"

10 comments:

betsy said...

Congrats!!!! Enjoy shopping for all the blues and greens :)

Jess said...

Yay!! Congratulations! So exciting!

Cheryl said...

We're so excited too!! Nice pictures!!

Mary said...

So great to meet him. Congrats, you two! :-)

The Talens said...

How wonderful! We didn't find out what were having, but I (and my mom and sisters) were all convinced it was a girl. So I totally can relate to the boy surprise. I hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes well. We will be in Michigan at Christmas, so maybe we will even get to meet the little guy.

Jamie said...

Congratulations!! We are super excited to have another boy in the family, especially Jacob!

TeamMenkveld said...

Oh YAY! Congrats! Henry bday is the 27th...due on the 31st! I had those wierd headaches too. The ones that wake you up they hurt so bad. It turned out to be a calcium deposit that formed during pregnancy, no biggie and no more headaches like that. Good luck!

ChristenB said...

Congratulations!! I did the same thing with thinking it was a girl so it took me a while to bond with the baby as a boy. =) I am so excited for you guys!!

Sam, Kate & OIiver said...

That's great! Congrats!

Amy Worrel said...

Yay!!