Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday: snow

Ahh, the snow saga continues.  As I may have mentioned, our driveway continues to get smaller and smaller with tall banks on either side.  The "Polar Vortex" vortexed all night and half of our small driveway is now covered in knee-deep snow.
This is outside on the porch
So, due to medical reasons, we are hiring a plow today.  Of course, they're backed up and can't get here until noon, so I canceled my classes.  (All area schools were canceled and I was really expecting Hope to cancel, but I just got an email saying they're open.)  I don't really feel bad about one of them as I was planning on canceling on Wednesday and will just have class then instead, but I do feel bad about the other one.  Oh well.  I still think it was the correct decision for my family.  We'll just enjoy the day!
The snow is touching the bottom of the picnic table.
Too bad I'm up at least an hour before everyone else.  I'm enjoying a breakfast by myself, but think I would have enjoyed an hour of sleep more.  I had a really hard time getting to sleep last night, and then it was plagued by crazy dreams.  I expect Isaac to wake up any time though, so it seems silly to go back to bed.

No comments: