Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tuesday: our day

Ahhh...today.  Good moments and not so good moments.

Isaac slept in, so that was rather nice since it took me a long while to get back to sleep last night.  He proceeded to empty the contents of his intestines into the toilet.  (He actually did a really good job today getting yucky stuff into to toilet...although by midmorning I'm not sure there was much left.)  I called the nurse and she gave us some advice, but it would mean a trip to the store.

At 9:30 we were about ready to go to the store and even had three of our four shoes on.  Then Isaac decided that his forth shoes should be put away.  I thought about life, and decided it would be much better if I lay down and rested...even if Isaac did only have one shoe on.  So it took us several additional minutes to get out the door, but we finally did.  We got all the recommended food and more diapers.

We got home and I was still exhausted.  Isaac watched some TV while I dozed.  Then lunch time!  Isaac still wasn't all that hungry and was happy to be done and take a nap.  He fell asleep almost right away and slept for 3.5 hours when I finally woke him up.

We played for a bit, the pile of "Dad's stuff" growing larger and larger by the door to the garage.  Dad got a giraffe, a piece of plain donut, several books, a sheep, and two blocks.  Isaac is big into sharing and taking turns with us lately, although I doubt that he feels the same way about kids his age.  At one point I said, "I need to get some medicine" and Isaac looked up at me and then ran off to get it for me without being asked.  What a nice kid.  He was also into locking and unlocking things, especially the flaps in one of his books.  The imaginary keys were in a different room though, so every time we wanted to open another flap it would take a few minutes.  I was ok with this plan though and enjoyed the rest.

Isaac did finally eat pretty well for dinner...the Crispex and yogurt hit the spot.  The end of the day involved a quick shower.  Isaac's intestines still don't seem to be working quite right so I didn't want to risk a bath, but he stank.  Throughout the day he was his normal happy self, so that was wonderful at least.

1 comment:

Amy Worrel said...

Glad he's on the mend.