Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday: keys

Last night Isaac was playing with one of my old purses. He's played with it a lot; I thought it was empty (except for the two cat toys in it). Anyway, he's shaking it trying to get something out and a key falls out!

Now, normally this would be really cool. However, last night it was super cool as he has been very into keys and locking and unlocking stuff the last few days. So finding a key was super cool! He spent a good part of today "locking" and "unlocking" doors; several times I had to wait to enter a room so that Isaac could unlock it for me first. He also learned how easy it can be to lose your keys as he spent quite a bit of time looking for a lost key. (I'm not sure where it is right now either...nor do I have an approximate idea of where it might be. We might be in trouble.)

I also keep meaning to post a monthly update for Isaac but just don't feel well enough or am too busy around the end of the month. Briefly, he also really likes zip up sweatshirts, watching me work in the kitchen, doing exercises with Dad, his stuffed animals: Frog, E-E, and Mama's E-E. (Yes, it's name seems to be Mama's E-E. When I'm around, I get to hug that monkey.) He likes to share with Ben and me. Potty training is a little rough lately, possibly due to the diarrhea last week. He's been waking up earlier lately, which is mostly just annoying...it's not so early that I can tell him to go back to sleep, but earlier than I want to get up. He often wants to know right away where Ben is. He likes going out, but is immediately curious when we're going to be going back home. He finally has 1,2,3 down pat (along with 7,8,9,10), but 4,5, and 6 are still a bit troublesome. It doesn't bother him though since you only need 1,2,3 to start a race. And he's still a very happy kid (unless I'm making him put on his own pants. He doesn't like that at all!)

No comments: